This is one of those refashions of a refash. This dress was handmade by someone and thrifted by ME!
As you can see, this does nothing for me…
Onto the chopping block! I chopped off the length of the dress to make it a tunic.
I hemmed the bottom of my tunic.
It is hard to see the detail of the dress in the before picture but it had a diagonal flap of fabric across the chest. I used the scrap of fabric from the bottom of the dress to make another flap of fabric across the chest.
Lastly, I made a cut down the middle of the neckline and folded the sides back to create a v-neck. I stitched that down. I also shortened the sleeves to just about the elbow and POOF!
A new tunic!