The roomie and I scored these adorable B&W striped dresses on clearance at WalMart for $3! Wow! Lucky for us they had both our sizes….so we could be twinzies!
Pretty cute cotton dress all by itself but you already know I can’t leave something as is! My plan was to incorporate this beautiful silk scarf somehow…
Razorbacks are all the rage during the summer so to create that look on my dress I pulled back the straps and secured it with a black ribbon. I tied 2 knots in the ribbon and then used liquid stitch to secure it to the dress fabric.
I also found this black bow at WalMart for $1 and used the liquid stich again to glue it onto my dress.
I added these B&W buttons to the front of my dress kind of like a broach.
Now for that silk scarf
I used heat n bond on the scarf and cut out the floral part and ironed it onto my dress. I was pleasantly surprised that the heat n bond did not make the cutout stiff like all the other cotton cutouts I’ve done before.
Now that my new dress was completed the 3 roomies ventured down to the Toledo Zoo on a beautiful sunny day!
Us and our new $3 dresses!
The roomie decorated her dress by sewing on a series of buttons! It also turned out totally cute!